On Sunday, March 29, the government will embark on a mass test for more than 2000 people who have arrived in the country since last Sunday, March 22, 2020, and are currently under compulsory quarantine in various designated hotels and government facilities.
According to Mutahi Kagwe, Health Cabinet Secretary, the study would be done in compliance with the recommendations of the World Health Organisation on virus research and the date of arrival.
“This activity would also be applied to all near connections of reported incidents, which our communication follow-up teams have been tracking for at least five days,” CS Kagwe said in a press conference on Sunday.
The Health Cabinet Secretary said medical teams have so far identified 1,067 individuals believed to be close contacts of the patients who have tested positive.
Out of the 1,067, 136 had been discharged after completing the 14 day mandatory follow up period.